Beam line for schools competition: registration
Terms and conditions
Thank you very much for your participation! Please read the following terms and conditions regarding the Beam Line for Schools competition. Please also note that by entering the competition, you will be deemed to have understood and agreed to them as follows:
- The deadline for team registrations is 31 January 2015. The deadline for submission of team proposals to CERN (both the written part and the video element) is midnight CET on 31 March 2015. We regret that late or non-compliant registrations or submissions will not be considered. Make sure to keep a backup copy of your proposal;
- CERN reserves the right to select more than one winning proposal. In such an event the winning teams shall be invited to CERN to work together and execute their proposals as a collaborative experiment;
- If, at the time of your registration, you are under 18 or under the legal age of majority in your country, you must have the consent of your parent(s) or your guardian agreeing to your participation in the competition in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Any participant that subsequently visits CERN as a member of a winning Beam Line for Schools competition team will, in due course, need to ensure that she/he has health and accident insurance cover that is adequate for the CERN region (Switzerland/France). Please note that only participants aged 16 or older are able to visit CERN to carry out their team’s winning proposal.
- Respect copyright! Please do not include third party content in your proposal without written permission. Note that this applies to still images, video and music. Any entry that violates copyright or other third party rights will be disqualified. By submitting your proposal you confirm to CERN that your proposal is your own original work and only contains material that you have all necessary permissions to use. And of course, don’t use offensive or inappropriate material in your proposal!
- By entering your proposal in the competition, you consent to its subsequent potential publication by CERN and its use by CERN as part of its scientific and outreach activities. To this end you agree to vest all copyright in your proposal, together with any resulting data, in CERN. Please note that the Competition will entail education and outreach events involving references to the participants and their schools/institutions. By entering the competition you will be deemed to consent to the use of your team’s name and its participation in the competition for CERN’s education and outreach purposes. Details of your team and its proposal will also be shared by CERN with the International Particle Physics Outreach Group (IPPOG) for their outreach purposes.
- CERN may make interviews, recordings and images of participants and their activities in the context of this competition. CERN will only use such material as part of its education and outreach activities.
- CERN may request further information from you in the selection process, if it considers that this information would be helpful for the evaluation of your proposal.
- CERN reserves the right to postpone, suspend or cancel the competition at any time and for any reason including in case of insufficient participation;
- CERN will apply utmost care to the selection of the winning proposal. Unfortunately, we are not in a position to communicate the reasons for any non-selection. The selection decisions are final and not subject to claim or appeal. No correspondence will be entered into by CERN in this regard.